COVID-19 UPDATE: March 25th, 2020
A new video from our President and CEO Carolyn Mikesell, as well as previous updates on the Coronavirus and it’s impact on PSCU below:
UPDATE MARCH 24,2020
With the new ‘Stay at Home’ order issued by the governor please read this letter from our CEO:
Greetings from Public Service CU CEO Carolyn Mikesell,
Public Service Credit Union is OPEN and continuing to provide services. We will REMAIN open even with Governor Holcomb announcing a ‘Stay at Home’ Executive Order directing all non-essential businesses and operations to TEMPORARILY suspend in-person operations … the order is in effect from March 25 at 12:01 am through 11:59 pm April 6.
Financial Institutions are included as an essential business … Public Service Credit Union will continue to provide services to our members. We are providing services through our drive-ups, ATM, online and mobile banking, and by phone. You can reach us at 260-432-3433. You can find updates to our COVID 19 actions at www.mypscu.com.
We are here to serve you and our employees are working to ensure that you have access to your account and your money! Your accounts are insured up to $500,000 through NCUA and ESI. Please be assured your accounts are safe and secure with your Credit Union.
Public Service CU started in 1932 during the depression and is the oldest CU in Fort Wayne. We are here for you … Thank you for your continued and valued membership. We look forward to serving you now and well into the future.
Please be safe and stay healthy.
UPDATE MARCH 19th, 2020
As the novel Coronavirus continues to impact our members and the community, we at the credit union want to extend assistance to those of our members who may be affected. If you would like to request confidential assistance from the credit union, please complete this form. Your request is completely confidential, and will come directly to our team. We are committed to working with you and your family to lessen the negative impact this pandemic has on your financial life. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for assistance. Request Assistance
Please take a couple of minutes to watch this video message from our CEO on facebook:
The current COVID-19 pandemic has created a disruption in nearly all aspects of our lives. We wanted to take a minute to express our gratitude for our members and give you an update on the actions Public Service Credit Union is taking to ensure the safety of our members, employees and community.
First, as a precaution the lobbies at Public Service Credit Union will be temporarily closed beginning Thursday, March 19th. The drive thru will remain OPEN at our Jefferson and Old Trail locations.
Public Service Credit Union was founded in 1932 and has seen many ups and downs in the economy. PSCU remains a safe and strong financial institution for all members. As a reminder, your deposits are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) and an additional $250,000 by Excess Share Insurance (ESI).
Aside from the lobbies closing, PSCU continues to operate as normal. We have the capability to do loans electronically and we encourage you to use all the electronic services available. We will allow loans and new accounts to be opened in the first lane of the drive thru.
- Verify that you can login to your account online or with the mobile app. If you need assistance or your password reset, give us a call at 260-432-3433 option 2.
- If you do not have a PSCU debit card, we highly recommend that you request one to make it easier to access the money in your account. You can use it to make purchases at stores or online and to get cash at an ATM. Plus, since PSCU’s debit cards are issued by VISA, there’s 0% liability if the card is lost or stolen.
- Download the PSCU mobile app and register for Mobile Check Deposit, so when you get a check you can deposit it without having to visit a branch.
- If you need cash, use a surcharge free Alliance One ATM. Find the ATM closest to you. Beginning Monday, March 23rd you will be able to withdrawal up to $500 at an ATM.
- If you are off work and may have trouble paying your loans, please contact us right away so we can help you get through your situation and keep your credit score in check. We will work with you to find a mutual solution.
Thank you for your continued trust and support. We are available to answer any questions or concerns you may have, just give us a call at 260-432-3433.
-From all of us at Public Service Credit Union
UPDATE MARCH 12, 2020:
We’ve been following the news and all the updates about the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We know that it’s something on everyone’s mind, so we wanted to reach out and assure you that we’re taking the necessary steps to ensure that we’re here for you. Our branches remain open to serve you and all of our member’s needs.
We are also available by:
Phone and text- 260-432-3433
As always, we’d like to encourage you to use all of the electronic services provided to access your account:
Download the PSCU Mobile App to:
- Make transfers
- Check your balances
- Apply for loans
- Deposit checks with Mobile Check Deposit
- Make loan payments from your account
- Update your personal information
- Manage your debit & credit cards
- & More!
Need Cash? Find a Surcharge FREE ATM
Our members and employees are our number one priority. Please, feel free to call text, or email us with any questions…we’re here to help!
Remember to wash your hands and stay healthy,
-From all of us at Public Service Credit Union
Check out our new blog post: Taking Care of Business During a Pandemic