CASH TRANSFER APPS
- Split a restaurant bill
- Make a loan payment
- Go in on a gift
- Pay a babysitter
- Pay your landlord rent
You can use cash transfer apps to pay anyone for any reason!
How to use cash transfer apps:
- Choose an app and download it. (We recommend using whichever app your friends and family prefer to use.)
- Connect your PSCU bank account or debit card within the app.
- Find your friends and family using their phone number or email address.
- Send a payment…each app is a little different but payments are usually sent from within a couple of minutes to 1-2 days.
Making loan payments:
PSCU also offers Re-Pay, as another way you can make your loan payment from a credit card or another bank account. Check out this video about How to Navigate Re-Pay.
How to protect yourself when using cash transfer apps:
- Only send money to people that you know and trust.
- Check your recipient’s information carefully before sending any money.
- Adjust your privacy settings in Venmo and opt-out of public tracking.
- Carefully read the terms and conditions of service before using.
- Never use a cash transfer app for business-related transactions.
- For extra protection, use PIN or fingerprint recognition and/or touch ID.
- Choose to be notified about every transaction.
Are cash transfer apps safe?
Apps like Venmo, Zelle, Cash App and PayPal are helping to make transfers quick and easy without having to use cash or checks. Unfortunately, they are also being used by scammers. Below is one example:
A scammer will get in contact with you about an item that you have listed for sale somewhere. They say they’ll pay through a cash transfer app. You wait until you see the transfer is coming into your account then immediately give or send them the item. However the transfer does not end up clearing and the fake buyer has your item. Unfortunately, there is no way you can get your money or your item back. This is one reason why it’s important to only send and receive money from someone you know and trust.